May 13, 2011

Watching Jack perform an agile (and speedy) army-crawl across the floor of his room, I thought today that he's growing, and fast, and that there's a part of me that misses my tiny baby boy. Of course, a much larger part of me is psyched about his development and health and progress, but still - while infanthood is much tougher, it's such a special, sweet time.

He's a definite boy. He favors loud noises (particularly the ones he produces himself, usually by banging various objects together, or on the floor, or on his table); he giggles at fake sneezes; he attempts to get to electric cords and stick his hands under the rocking chair. Yay... Sigh. I can see "Ma, see how far I can pee!" and spitting contests in the near future...

He's getting bigger and stronger very fast. Still not sitting fully independently, but doesn't seem that it's far off. The Crawl has been very entertaining - he's really a pro at it now. A couple of flip-flops back to front to back, and a toe push-off, and hands to knees coordination, and he's already across the room. Big Jack...

No comments:

Post a Comment