May 04, 2011

Small daily details

I'm savoring Maya's current Mom Craze phase. She's loving, kissy, huggy. She's just being unbearably sweet and I want it to last and last and last, although I really should know better. But for now, I'm just loving it.

Going to bed is its own ritual, with new cute twists and turns daily. Consider:

Me: "Alright baby, good night." Lights off.
Maya: "Mama. Go take a nap, and wash your hands, and go to potty, and I'll scratch, and say Amens." All in a tone of a total list-maker, or an elementary-grade teacher. The order of things to do is a separate crack-up reason.

In the morning, after getting out of bed and slowly coming out of sleep: "... Mama! I woke UP!" With enthusiasm - slash - joy which, in an adult, I would call a good fake.

Jack (in other news) is laughing. On purpose. When I imitate sneezing. Especially at the long 'ah-ah-ah... ' part preceeding the actual imitated sneeze. He looks on with this sly look of knowing we're having fun, and that's ... awesome. My little man is coming into his own. He'll be an amazing little boy to get to know more once he starts getting around and attempting to verbalize stuff. But this look of "I'm onto you" warms my heart. It lets me feel like I get him, and he gets me. Just a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment