July 29, 2011

But I want you now...

Sometimes my kids leave me speechless in the 'everything's right with the world' kind of way.

I called home late yesterday, from our office in Oregon, to check in. Allan said Maya wanted to talk to me, and handed her the phone... "Mama?" she said. "Are you here?" No, buddy, I'm not 'here' yet. "But I want you!" Oh, sweet buddy. I know. I'll be home tomorrow. "But I want you now! I see an airplane... Are you in the airplane?" It's not *my* airplane, buddy. I'll be back as soon as I can. "I miss you, Mama."

Blinking away tears, here.

Allan said she saw a helicopter while playing in the pool, and rushed the backyard, her little naked self, shouting "Mama is coming!". And repeated that for every plane she saw.

Today, she's hardly let me go, very sweet and affectionate. Seeing Jack-man was stupendous, too... boy, I want to can this feeling of elation and OK-ness...

No comments:

Post a Comment