November 18, 2010

8 months pregnant (part 2)

This post originally dated 07/28/10.

***

Week 35 (36? I wish they'd make up their minds) appointment today. At Dr. Schneider's office, the US shows one larger than normal amniotic fluid pocket, and Jack's belly circumference is measuring a little large, so Dr. Schneider is concerned there may be undiagnosed gestational diabetes. I did fail a 1-hour glucose test; passed a consequent three hour test; and now I'm armed with a finger-pricker to measure my blood sugar four times a day for the next two weeks. It has to be below 100 for fasting (in A.M.) and below 140 one hour after each meal. So far today, I'm at 72 fasting and 102-108 after meals, so methinks we're just being overly cautious, and Jack is simply growing to be a big boy (he was measuring 6lbs 7oz today, a month before planned delivery).

Refilled Rx vitamins. Anything helps at this point, and makes me feel there are minute things I can still do for Jack to make things better somehow.

Second OB in the afternoon with Dr. B - I get to see her every week now. She says my cervix is reliably closed and with no signs of ... anything labor related. External is dilated but that's normal after the first child. Internal is nice, thick and secure. Better stay that way for another month!

No comments:

Post a Comment