November 18, 2010

3 weeks before Jack

This post originally dated 08/06/10.

***

At Dr. B's today I'm 36 weeks 1 day. No signs of labor, she says Jack hasn't descended yet, and my cervix continues the almost total hold-out. Good! No rush for now.

I wasn't expecting an ultrasound but got one (first one at Dr. B's in a while). No signs of excessive fluid, she also mentioned my blood sugar readings so far suggest no concern as far as undiagnosed gestational diabetes possibility. The boy's just on the 'high end of normal' as she says. 7 lbs 1 oz is his estimate today. That's my Jack! Grow, baby, grow. Oh, and the tech says he has hair!!! The cutest thing. She pointed to white fuzz on the screen around his head, said it's his hair. Blood pressure a little higher than normal for me, but that's still 112/72, so no worries.

I asked her when leaving when we'll determine his date to induce if he takes after his sister and decides to just not come out on his own any time soon. It sounds like we'll need to square off on the date by next appointment, which is Wednesday, so they can book the induction, which needs to be at least two weeks in advance. So far sounds like the 25th or thereabouts, as expected.

Today I broke down and had Betty come help clean the house. I'm SO glad I did. Bathroom are clean; floors are mopped and vacuumed. I need to catch up on dust and laundry (and the archeological dig in the fridge) but that's more doable to me now.

Carpet in both nurseries will be replaced Monday; Betty might come out again next week to steam-vac master bedroom and upstairs (the oldest cat has been sick for a few days and threw up all over the place - I don't have the time or energy to track all that nonsense down, so very grateful for Betty's help). Maya starts her new daycare class Monday... My girl is growing!

Tuesday, courtesy of UT Group's nurses (whom I hooked up with employee store passes last weekend), we'll have a tour of Le Bonheur's surgery unit and NICU, and hopefully meet a few nurses as well. This is VERY helpful - I want to know where to go, who'll care for him, etc., so I'm not figuring all of this out during the urgency of Jack's early days.

Wednesday are both of next OB's appointments. That's when we should really nail down the induction date if there are no signs of labor by then otherwise.And Friday is bonus day (YAY!) and there's a small baby shower at work. So all good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment