March 07, 2012

Little red hearts

In a semi-mindless state of picking up and straightening up the house tonight, I noticed one of many micro-consequences of the kids' day at home with Daddy... There were small red sticker hearts all over the house, leftover gifts from the miniature Valentine packs kids exchanged at school. Hearts on the windows. On the light switch plates. On the lamp bases. On the book dust jackets. I picked these off one by one as I found them, smiling, and only after I was done I realized I regretted doing that. I would have loved to see those again and again and again. Maya's little heart prints all over, with heart being such a reminder of all things Jack, too.

Maybe there are a couple of sticker survivors somewhere in the house crevices. I'd love to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment